International Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia’s Foundation (IWMF)
WMozzies was formed as a joint initiative by Ben Rude IWMF President 2000-05 and IWMF Australian member Gareth Evans.
WMozzies is an Affiliate member of IWMF. IWMF is based in the USA and was formed in 1998, but it beginnings started in 1994 with a 21 member email group.
The History of the IWMF is detailed at: http://www.iwmf.com/about-us/our-history
The IWMF currently has a worldwide membership of over 7,000, with Support Groups and affiliate organisations in virtually every continent.
IWMF Support Services
Today the IWMF:
- Provides support to patients and their caregivers
- Enables patients to communicate with one another
- Sponsors WM educational forums featuring
prominent physicians and researchers
- Publishes booklets on WM and its treatment
- Supports research aimed at ultimately finding a cure for WM
- Since 1999, the IWMF has invested over $8.1 million dollars in research on our disease.
Anyone joining WMozzies is also invited to join the IWMF. Go to: Join the IWMF – IWMF
To access the full list of services: See Support on this menu.
The services highlighted above can be accessed from the links within each one, or through the IWMF services link below.
- The IWMF Torch newsletter, produced 4 times a year, which you can receive in PDF format.
- An Educational Forum, held in a different US city each year.
To see presentations from the most recent Educational Forum
and videos of presentations from it and previous Ed Forums, click here.
- The IWMF-Connect discussion forum, this is an email talk list, where all matters regarding WM are discussed amongst patients & caregivers
- Various publications & booklets with much useful information about WM that can be downloaded directly from the website.